The following qualifications must be met for waiver approval for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Science (MS) degrees.
A university minimum GPA of a 2.75 is required for all waivers. Decisions are at the discretion of the admissions committee, and the last two-year GPA may be considered in some circumstances. An application is required to receive the GMAT/GRE waiver. For the Master of Science in Professional Accounting, please see details below.
Students must meet one of the following criteria:
- Have an undergraduate degree from an AACSB or ABET accredited institution with a 3.00 GPA or higher or
- Have an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a:
- 3.20 GPA and two years of work experience or
- 3.00 GPA and five years of work experience or
- 3.00 GPA and grade of “B” or better in two quantitative college-level courses or
- Military service of at least five years or
- Completion of a graduate degree with a minimum 3.00 GPA or
- Completion of a professional certificate (i.e. CFA, CPA, Six Sigma, etc.)
Master of Science in Professional Accounting
Students who complete an AACSB accredited accounting undergraduate degree will be waived from the GMAT/GRE exam if they meet the following criteria:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher in all courses, including repeats, and
- 3.00 GPA or higher in all transfer work, including repeats, and
- 3.00 GPA or higher in all accounting courses which includes BUS ADM 450.
- A grade lower than a “B” is not permitted in more than two accounting courses. No grade may be a “C-” or lower.
For More Information
Graduate Student Services
Lubar Hall N251