- This event has passed.
CFA Ethics and Standards of Practice Seminar
Thursday, October 25, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Lubar Hall, S322
This seminar explores ethical practices in the investment profession and the CFA Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. Good ethics is a key to well-functioning financial markets. Individuals entrust management of their assets to professionals. Lack of integrity reduces the flow of capital, increases the cost of capital, and slows growth. Conversely, good ethics leads to trust which increases prosperity.
CFA Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
presented by Bill McGinnis, CFA,
CEO & Founder / Career Strategist & Career Coach, Exponential Careers
& former President of the CFA Society
Role of the Fiduciary
presented by G. Kevin Spellman, PhD, CFA
Investment Management Certificate Program
At the end of the seminar, you will:
– be able to explain proper decision-making in various ethical situations
– discuss the importance of ethics in a well functioning market.
Seminar objectives include:
– explain the role of a fiduciary
– explain the importance of ethics and analyze ethical situations in practice
– analyze the CFA Code of Ethics and CFA Standards of Practice