We’re excited to have you join the Lubar School of Business and we hope the following information will be useful as you start the application process for Graduate School.
We will carefully consider all elements in your application file as we determine if you will be a good fit for our graduate programs. However, meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Completion of an Undergraduate Degree
Applicants must hold a degree from a regionally accredited undergraduate institution in the United States or from a recognized institution in a foreign country. Many 3-year bachelor’s degrees are accepted as equivalent to the U.S. 4-year bachelor’s degree for purposes of admission.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75
A minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale, or an equivalent measure on a grading system that does not use a 4.0 scale. Those whose undergraduate GPA is below 2.75 must provide further documentation.
- English Proficiency for International Students
All UWM Graduate School applicants are required to demonstrate a suitable level of proficiency in the English language.
- Official GMAT & GRE scores.
- A minimum GMAT score of 500 total (Quantitative score of 36, Verbal score of 17 for international students).
- A minimum GRE score of 305 total (Quantitative score of 149, Verbal score of 142 for international students).
- GMAT and GRE waivers are available to those that meet the requirements.
You will need to submit the following to complete the Graduate School application:
- Transcripts from every institution of higher learning attended will be needed. Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded at the time of application but official transcripts will be required upon acceptance. Transcripts should be emailed directly to the Graduate School.
- Submission of official GMAT or GRE scores must be sent directly from Pearson VUE or ETS.
– GMAT CODE: LM61P03 (MBA) or LM61P84 (MS in Management)
– GRE CODE: 4201 (Business Administration and Management)
- An updated resume.
- Statement of Purpose (1 to 2 pages on why you would like to earn your degree at the Lubar School of Business and your plans after graduation.)
- One or two Letter(s) of Recommendation are preferred but not required.
- In addition to the items listed above, international students must supply the following:
– All foreign institutional transcripts from any institution of higher learning attended.
– Applicants whose native language is not English, or who have not earned a degree in the United States, must submit TOEFL scores directly from ETS.
- Submit the $75.00 application fee.
Priority application deadlines are as follows but may be subject to change:
- For any Fall semester: July 15th in the same calendar year
- For any Spring semester: November 15th in the same calendar year
- For any Summer semester: April 15th in the same calendar year.
Please visit the following website for the most up-to-date tuition information based on the semester you will attend, and to review the Business Masters Fee schedule.
For More Information
Graduate Student Services
Lubar Hall N251