We stimulate innovative and analytical thinking to produce impactful research and teaching that advance knowledge, drive change, and empower our diverse students to succeed in the global economy, thereby creating value for our students, business partners, and community.
As a GREAT business school, we will be:
Global in our outlook
Relevant to our stakeholders
Entrepreneurial in our approach
Accessible to students from diverse backgrounds
Transformative in our impact
Distinctive identity. Cultivate analytical and innovative thinking in business education, business research, and business and community engagement.
- Incorporate data analytics and innovation within the curriculum
- Strengthen learning opportunities in entrepreneurship, financial services, health care, and manufacturing that leverage analytics and innovation
- Promote research in data analytics and innovation
- Undertake sponsored projects and executive education around the topics of data analytics and innovation
Impactful research. Provide thought leadership through research that advances the boundaries of scholarship and practice.
- Enhance our research infrastructure
- Encourage interdisciplinary research
- Support grant and contract activity
- Create undergraduate student research experiences
- Enhance the quality of our doctoral program
- Expand communication of our research
Student success. Empower students to be successful, ethical business professionals who create value in the global economy
- Maintain relevance of our curriculum to enhance student success
- Promote innovative and impactful teaching
- Foster a welcoming and supportive environment where our diverse students thrive
- Enhance student experience through co-curricular and experiential learning opportunities
- Increase student internship and practicum opportunities
Business engagement. Leverage our location advantage by engaging with the business community on value-added initiatives that benefit them, our students, faculty, and staff.
- Enhance our business engagement network
- Expand executive education programming
- Promote corporate-sponsored research, student projects, and center activities to all types of organizations
- Partner with UWM centers and institutes, including the Connected Systems Institute, Northwestern Mutual Data Science Institute, and Lubar Entrepreneurship Center on industry-sponsored projects and entrepreneurship/innovation programming
- Expand business engagement through special events, classroom participation, and curriculum activities
Culture. Promote an inclusive, respectful, and open culture that breaks all silos, to enable a positive, engaged, and collaborative work environment.
- Encourage engagement within the Lubar community
- Promote a welcoming culture and climate for all in the Lubar community
- Refresh physical environment to enhance the student, faculty and staff experience
- Promote school pride
- Advance alumni engagement in the Lubar community
Global engagement. Facilitate global literacy and experiences, and promote the Lubar School of Business as a global brand.
- Incorporate global issues in the curriculum
- Expand study abroad opportunities
- Expand international student recruitment and partnerships with foreign universities
- Expand opportunities for international students to interact with the Lubar community and the Greater Milwaukee community