2033 E. Hartford Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53211
Shared Financial System Overview
On July 1, 2000, UWM began using the UWS Shared Financial System (SFS) for our Accounting System.
- SFS Term Descriptions
- Business Unit: An organizational entity that maintains its own business activity. Our business unit is UWMIL.
- Budget Period: Same as fiscal year.
- Program: The program designates the function or purpose for which revenues and expenditures are incurred.
- Dept. ID:Used to designate the organization or entity. The first two digits represent the school/college/division or other comparable entity. the third and fourth digits designate the academic department or other comparable unit. The fifth and sixth digits are a further breakdown of the department.
- Example: 021020
- 02 = Administrative Affairs
- 10 = Business & Financial Services
- 20 = Controller’s office
- Account: The account is the key to accounting transactions. The account types used in SFS are assets, liabilities, equity, expenses, and revenues.
- 3100 = Supplies
- 6166 = Travel Advance – Single
- 4604 = Equipment
For questions regarding the SFS structure, contact the Controller’s office (x6652).