2033 E. Hartford Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53211
Please see the BFS events page for more information.
Shared Financial System Overview
On July 1, 2000, UWM began using the UWS Shared Financial System (SFS) for our Accounting System.
- SFS Term Descriptions
- Business Unit: An organizational entity that maintains its own business activity. Our business unit is UWMIL.
- Budget Period: Same as fiscal year.
- Program: The program designates the function or purpose for which revenues and expenditures are incurred.
- Dept. ID:Used to designate the organization or entity. The first two digits represent the school/college/division or other comparable entity. the third and fourth digits designate the academic department or other comparable unit. The fifth and sixth digits are a further breakdown of the department.
- Example: 021020
- 02 = Administrative Affairs
- 10 = Business & Financial Services
- 20 = Controller’s office
- Account: The account is the key to accounting transactions. The account types used in SFS are assets, liabilities, equity, expenses, and revenues.
- 3100 = Supplies
- 6166 = Travel Advance – Single
- 4604 = Equipment
For questions regarding the SFS structure, contact the Controller’s office (x6652).