The Joint Finance Committee will hold a public hearing on Friday, March 20 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. in the Alverno College Pitman Theater (map)
Faculty and staff are welcome to attend on their personal time to share their feedback on the state budget. The public affairs network Wisconsin Eye will live stream Friday’s hearing, which can be seen here: http://www.wiseye.org/Home.aspx. For those who can’t watch live, a recording of the show will be available for later viewing.
Please see the following resources as you prepare for the hearing:
Zimride (https://www.zimride.com/uwm/), a private ride-sharing network, is a transportation option for those who are interested. MCTS Routes 51, 35 and 14 all stop near the Alverno campus and you can use the RideMCTS (http://www.ridemcts.com/) website to plan your ride.
Some legislators, including State Senator and UWM alumnus Chris Larson, will hold an additional listening session on Tuesday, March 31 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Urban Ecology Center at 1500 E. Park Place in Milwaukee.
If you are interested in sharing your opinion or supporting UWM, here are a few options:
- Wear the new “UWM: Vital to our Future” button. These buttons, financed by the UWM Foundation, are available in:
- Chapman Hall Lobby
- Engelmann 125
- Hefter Conference Center
- Klotsche Center Information Desk
- Mitchell B95
- SHAC Office, next to Sandburg RESTOR
- SA Office, Union EG79
- Click and share Today @UWM on your social media accounts. Positive stories inform public opinion about the value and impact of UWM.
- Write a letter, email or call your legislator(s). Contact information is available through Panther Advocates.
- Attend public hearings, sign up to testify and make your voice heard.
Faculty and staff should not use university resources to contact legislators; please take care to use your personal e-mail. The most up-to-date information about the budget continues to be available at uwm.edu/budget.