Proper treatment and medical management of hearing loss begins with a thorough and accurate hearing evaluation.
What to Expect at Your Appointment
We begin the appointment by obtaining a complete medical and hearing history. We will then perform a visual inspection of the ear and determine the function of the eardrum (tympanic membrane). The hearing evaluation determines the type, degree, and configuration of your hearing loss. It involves listening to puretone signals and speech in a sound-treated test booth. Results are provided at the end of the appointment along with an explanation of “How We Hear.” Specific and individualized recommendations and referrals will also be provided at this time as warranted by the test results.
Diagnostic Hearing Evaluation Services
- Comprehensive diagnostic audiological evaluations and hearing exams for adults & school-aged children
- Obtain and review a detailed case history
- Diagnosis of type and degree of hearing loss
- Explanation of the functional impact of your hearing loss on everyday communication
- Tympanometry and acoustic reflex testing
- Otoacoustic Emissions testing
- Determine need for medical referral
- Video otoscopy for detailed viewing of your ear canal, ear drum and middle ear
- Computerized analysis of your current hearing aid’s performance