- Climate Change Conversations - This spring, WUWM's 'Lake Effect' is exploring the science and impacts behind climate change, with a focus on Wisconsin, with Prof. Paul Roebber.
- 12th UWM Undergraduate Research Symposium - Check out the exciting research of five Atmospheric Science undergraduate students from this year's virtual UWM Undergraduate Research Symposium!
- 100th Annual AMS Meeting - A number of faculty and students recently represented UWM at the 100th Annual AMS Meeting in Boston, MA. Click here to learn more!
- Modeling Storm Chaser Behavior - Senior Alex Moxon and Prof. Paul Robber are leveraging machine-learning methods to model storm chaser movements in tornado environments. Click to learn more!
- Perspectives on a Changing Climate - Check out the recent Newsweek and Wisconsin Public Radio interviews with Prof. Paul Roebber on climate-change-related topics!
- “What I Did This Summer” – 2019 Edition - Several of our students participated in some pretty cool activities away from UWM this summer. Click to read more about their research opportunities from California to Colorado to Vermont!
- 2019 NCAR Undergraduate Leadership Workshop - Learn more about rising senior Alex Moxon's experience at this year's ULW - in his own words!
- Announcing our 2018-19 Scholarship Winners! - Please join us in congratulating our 2018-19 scholarship recipients!
- 11th UWM Undergraduate Research Symposium - Check out the exciting research of three Atmospheric Science undergraduate students from this year's UWM Undergraduate Research Symposium!
- 99th Annual AMS Meeting - Atmospheric Science faculty and staff attended the 99th Annual Meeting of the American Meteorological Society in Phoenix, AZ from January 5-11, 2019.
- Colloquium: Dr. Elizabeth Maroon - Friday, May 8, 2020, 2:00pm via Microsoft Teams
"Tales from the Decadal Climate Prediction Trenches"
- Colloquium: Dr. Gretchen Mullendore - Friday, November 18, 2019, 2:00pm
"“Radar Observations and Simulations of the Level of Maximum Detrainment”"
- Atmospheric Science Open House 2019 - Friday, November 1, 2019
Prospective freshmen and transfer students, we invite you to join us for our 4th Annual Open House to learn more about our major and internship programs!
- Atmospheric Science Fall 2019 Welcome BBQ - Thursday, August 29, 2019
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
The Atmospheric Science program welcomes all new and returning atmospheric science undergraduates to join us for a BBQ and fun outdoor activities on the Alumni House front lawn, just steps from Lake Michigan!
- Vaisala Radiosonde Roadshow - Wednesday, May 1, 2019
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Join us for a radiosonde release and career discussion as part of Vaisala's Radiosonde Roadshow visit to UWM!
- Colloquium: Dr. Dan Dawson - Friday, February 22, 2019
"Interactions between Microphysical and Dynamical Processes in Supercell Thunderstorms as Revealed through Observations and High-resolution Numerical Simulations"
- Atmospheric Science Open House - Friday, November 2, 2018
3:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Prospective freshmen and transfer students, we invite you to visit us to learn what makes UWM the place to be to study weather and climate!
- Atmospheric Science Fall 2018 Welcome BBQ - Thursday, August 30, 2018
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
The Atmospheric Science program welcomes all new and returning students in the weather to join us for a BBQ and fun outdoor activities on the Alumni House front lawn, just steps from Lake Michigan! Transportation to and from the Alumni House will be available upon request.
- Greater Milwaukee AMS April Meetings - Join us on April 5th and 12th for two exciting talks on the 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season as well as private-sector and data-science careers!
- Colloquium: Professor Jon Kahl - February 23, 2018 at 2 pm
Colloquium talk "Automatic, Multiple Assessment Options in Undergraduate Math and Science Education" by Dr. Jon Kahl