Friday, September 17, 2021 | 8 a.m. to noon Cancelled
Summary of Events
Open to all students in grades seven through 12 who identify as male. No advance preparation necessary. Students will be organized into a middle school or high school choir, and Real Men Sing will conclude with performances from both ensembles.
The 2021 Real Men Sing! Festival is currently full, but please contact Dr. Zack Durlam at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are still interested. Numbers are shifting, and we may still be able to accommodate you!
Who: Choral directors
Enrollment: Limited to the first 800 ninth through twelfth graders and first 300 seventh and eighth graders registered.
Cost: $75 per school. Schools wishing to bring more than 50 students should contact email@example.com for updated pricing.
Deadline:All payments must be received by Sept. 10, 2021.
Check-in & seating: Students should dress professionally and according to their school dress code. No uniform performance attire is required.
Warm-ups, rehearsal, director workshops and reading sessions, and performance by the UWM Kameraden Tenor-Bass Choir.
Performances by seventh/eighth-grade students, ninth- through twelfth-grade students and combined choirs.
Schools must provide music for each participating singer. Music can be ordered from Brass Bell Music Store in Glendale, which has the music in stock, and available at a discount.
Seventh and eighth grade repertoire
- The Riflemen of Bennington, arr. Randal Swiggum
- Shalom, Chaverim, traditional folk song (provided by UWM at festival)
- Shine on Me, arr. Floyd Connett, BHS (provided by UWM at festival)
Ninth through twelfth grade repertoire
- Modimo, arr. Michael Barrett (TTBB), Walton WW1702
- ‘O Sole Mio, Eduardo di Capua, arr. Jacob Narverud (TBB), Santa Barbara sbmp 1364
- Shine on Me, arr. Floyd Connett (TLBB), BHS (provided by UWM at festival)