August 18, 2020 | 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Online workshop for high-school musicians, featuring faculty performances, an interactive music-theory class, breakout sessions on scholarships, applied studios and more from the Peck School of the Arts Department of Music.
The day’s schedule includes:
- 10 a.m. – Welcome and degree-program overview from Kevin Hartman, chair and professor of music (trumpet)
- 10:30-11:15 – Faculty performances
- 11:30 – Breakout sessions by music/voice area for high-school musicians. (Info session for parents.)
- 12:30 – Lunch (offline!)
- 1:30-2:15 – Music theory/group class with Phillip Sink, assistant professor of composition and technology
- 2:30-3 – Q&A with current UWM music students
- 3-3:30 – Conclusion/conversation with Professor Hartman and fellow music faculty.
Listen Up: Music Preview Day @PSOA is free and open to any high school musician who is considering enrolling in a college-music program. Please register online to reserve your spot ASAP. Online registrations will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. on Monday, August 17, or until all spots are filled.