Undergraduate students are allowed to take graduate colloquia to satisfy the L&S research requirement or a distribution requirement for the major. Students are expected to do the same work in these graduate courses as graduate students.
- July 15 for fall semester
December 1 for spring semester
April 1 for summer sessions
- Please send an Independent Study Application, cover letter, preliminary proposal and preliminary bibliography to the department associate: Ina Kielley (email@example.com), who will forward your materials to the appropriate faculty member. It is required that you visit the UWM Career Planning & Resource Center to work on your cover letter and resume. Your application will not be accepted without a receipt.
- Cover Letter: one page double spaced addressed directly to the faculty member teaching the colloquium.
- What is the rationale for participating in this Graduate Colloquium?
- How does this research fit into your broader research/degree goals.
- Once the professor approves your application, cover letter, and resume, you will be able to sign up for the Graduate Colloquium (ArtHist 700+) via PAWS.
Students are expected to complete the same work in these graduate courses as graduate students.