Before you submit video captioning requests, please search to see if there is a captioned version available. If a student has made a request for captioned media, you will receive an email from ARConnect.
- Kanopy, the video streaming collection available on the UWM library website. This site provides access to 26,000 videos, 75% of which are captioned
- Films on Demand: A video streaming collection available on the UWM library website
- Swank Digital Campus: A video streaming collection available on the UWM library website.
- UW-System Library
- Milwaukee Public Library
- NETFLIX, etc.
- A Google search might turn up a captioned copy
If you need your UWM media captioned and did not receive a request through ARConnect, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the course name, number and student name.
We offer captioning for:
- YouTube clips
- Podcast Transcripts
- Pre-recorded Lectures
The Accessibility Resource Center requires a minimum notice of 15 business days for submission of media.
- Check ALL media to be shown for captions
- Test your videos before class to make sure they’re captioned and that you know how to turn on the captions if necessary
- Look for these symbols on media packaging:
UWM Classroom Services
For assistance with equipment, contact UWM Classroom Support
General classroom questions, concerns, problems, assistance:
Learn more about UWM Classroom Services
Outside Vendor Media Captioning Services
UW System approved outside vendors for Media Captioning Services: www.bussvc.wisc.edu/purch/contract/wp5251.html