A guide to Obtaining Academic Accommodations and Services for Students with Disabilities
- Complete the UWM Accessibility Resource Center online application and upload documentation of your disability with your application. Refer to our documentation guidelines.
- Documentation may also be dropped off in the main office, Mitchell 112; faxed to 414-229-2237; emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; or mailed to Accessibility Resource Center, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, P.O. Box 413, Milwaukee, WI 53201. Refer to our documentation guidelines.
- If needed, follow the procedure for Placement Test Accommodations.
- After you have submitted your UWM ARC online application, your ARC Counselor will send you a meeting request via your UWM e-mail account. Please respond to this e-mail to schedule an appointment. If you are unable to complete the online application, please contact the ARC Main Office at (414) 229-6287 or via email email@example.com to be connected with the appropriate Counselor.
After your initial meeting with your ARC counselor you will need to do the following:
- Share your Accommodation Plan with your instructors during their office hours.
- Discuss with the instructor the specific accommodations you will need for their course.
- Make arrangements with the instructor if testing or exam accommodations are needed; note that arrangements must be made IN ADVANCE.
- If your professor prefers that you take your exams in the ARC, please follow directions via ARConnect Resources to schedule your exams in the ARC.
- Advise your counselor of any changes in your condition or if you are having difficulties.
- Renew your Accommodation Plan every year.
Documentation submitted to ARC is considered confidential and maintained separately from the student’s educational record.
Revised: June 2018