Accessibility Training for Instructors
Accessibility Training for Instructors is a self-paced training developed by the Accessibility Resource Center and the Center for Excellence in Teaching to provide UWM instructors the resources and training they need to support students with disabilities and to make their course accessible for all students.
- Just-in-time resources including practical suggestions to help instructors design their course to better meet the needs of all students, including students with disabilities
- Earn the “UWM Certificate in Accessibility for Instructors” sponsored by the Office of the Provost
Earning the certificate is a great way to demonstrate your commitment to teaching and to our students at the university!
ARConnect Faculty FAQ
ARC has transitioned to an online data management system called ARConnect. The “VISA” is no longer used and has been replaced by an “Accommodation Plan.” Students can manage their accommodations online through ARConnect, including scheduling tests in ARC. Faculty and instructional staff will receive a notification of accommodation that includes a link to an alternative testing agreement. Faculty are required to respond and complete a testing agreement before students can schedule an exam with ARC. More information is available on the Faculty FAQ page.
A video tutorial (approximately 4-minutes) is also available: Alternative Testing for Faculty and Instructional Staff.
ARC Excellence Award
The ARC Excellence Award recognizes instructional staff members who demonstrate exemplary service to ARC students and staff.
- Essential Accessibility Considerations (& Resources) for Instructional Materials from the Provost’s Office
- National Center on Accessible Educational Materials
- Recommended Syllabus Statement
- Top Tips for Universal Design in the Classroom & Online Course
- UWM Mental Health Resources for Faculty and Staff