Accessibility Training for Instructors
Accessibility Training for Instructors is a self-paced training developed by the Accessibility Resource Center and the Center for Excellence in Teaching to provide UWM instructors the resources and training they need to support students with disabilities and to make their course accessible for all students.
- Just-in-time resources including practical suggestions to help instructors design their course to better meet the needs of all students, including students with disabilities
- Earn the “UWM Certificate in Accessibility for Instructors” sponsored by the Office of the Provost
Earning the certificate is a great way to demonstrate your commitment to teaching and to our students at the university!
Notetaker Letter & Announcement
Information and suggestions for helping an ARC student in your class with finding a notetaker. Includes a suggested script that may assist you in composing the email or making the announcement in class.
View/download the Notetaker Letter and Announcement (PDF)
View/download the How To Get A Notetaker tipsheet (PDF)
ARC Excellence Award
The ARC Excellence Award recognizes instructional staff members who demonstrate exemplary service to ARC students and staff.
- Accommodation and Accessibility Guidelines for Faculty and Staff Recommendations, guidelines and helpful information for all instructors who are teaching students with disabilities.
- Essential Accessibility Considerations (& Resources) for Instructional Materials from the Provost’s Office
- Recommended Syllabus Statement
- Top Tips for Universal Design in the Classroom & Online Course
- UWM Mental Health Resources for Faculty and Staff