Disability Rights, Education, Activism,
Are you interested in meeting other UWM students with disabilities, chronic illnesses, and mental health conditions? DREAM at UWM is open to culturally Deaf students and students with any type of disability, chronic illness, or mental health condition and their allies. We gather regularly to exchange information, promote self-advocacy, provide encouragement and explore resources.
Let Your Voice be Heard
We want to hear from you! Join us for your opportunity to help improve the campus-wide experience for students with disabilities and increase the level of disability awareness on campus.
Advice for College Students from College Students
Guidelines for DREAM at UWM
- We respect everyone’s privacy. What is said within DREAM stays within DREAM.
- We are active listeners and give everyone the opportunity to participate and share.
- We use positive language and treat each other with dignity and respect.
- When: Our meetings are held at 2:00 p.m. on the 3rd Friday of every month (10/18, 11/15, 01/17, 02/21, 03/20, 04/17). Please note, we will NOT have a meeting in December.
- Where: You can join us in-person, online, or by phone. Join us in LC W164 in the library (behind the Grind) or contact Meredith Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org to attend by computer or phone.
- Purpose: During our business meetings, we develop our goals, create plans to accomplish those goals, take steps to maintain our student org status, apply for grants and fundraising, and work on our advocacy efforts. Anyone who is interested in helping us make these things happen is welcome to attend! we would love to hear your ideas and suggestions.
- Accommodations: If you have any accommodations needs/requests, please contact Jon Broskowski at email@example.com.
Stay tuned for updates on our informal meet-and-greet social events!