President Elect- Wisconsin Association on Higher Education and Disability (WI AHEAD)
Jason P. Anderson is an Access Specialist and has been with the Accessibility Resource Center since 2012. His relationship to disability has been a personal one. He grew up hard-of-hearing and became deaf as an adult. His relationship with deafness, hearing loss, and disability allows him the unique opportunity to see multiple perspectives when working with students and staff. He has two cochlear implants and is proficient in American Sign Language (ASL). Jason believes students with disabilities deserve equal opportunities to succeed.
When Jason isn’t working or volunteering, his time is spent with his wife and young son. Jason is an award-winning homebrewer and enjoys creating unique brews that he shares with friends and family.
- TEDx UW Milwaukee- The Art of Self Accommodation, October 2016
- Podcast- Stereotype Life. Episode 4: Self-accommodation, self-advocacy and building resilience, June 2020
- Lubar School of Entrepreneurship Diverse Ideas, December 2020
- Podcast- A Year of Listening. Episode 38: Cochlear Implants and the Deaf Community, Nov. 2018
- Chancellor appointment to campus Physical Environment Committee (2019- current)
- Campus Housing Appeals Committee (2018- current)
- Association for Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD) (2011-current)
- Americans with Disabilities Act Accommodation and Advisory Committee (ADAAAC) (2008-current)
University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee
Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, 2021
Bachelor of Science in Sociology, 2011
Minor American Sign Language Studies, 2011