Any UWM student can apply or be nominated for the award. The applicant/nominee must:
- Be a student of Asian origin.
- Be a currently enrolled full time student who will continue at UWM the following academic year.
- Demonstrate a 3.25 or higher GPA for two consecutive years at the undergraduate level or 3.50 or higher GPA for one year at the graduate level.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Asian community.
- Demonstrate personal achievements through participation in community, extracurricular and other activities.
- Previous award winners are not eligible to apply.
The applicant/nominee must submit:
- A cover letter
- Two letters of recommendation, one preferably from a UWM faculty and the other from a community leader. Letters are to be sent directly to the committee chair (please refer to the most recent Award Program brochure for specific information).
- An essay that addresses your qualifications and reasons why you should receive the award.
- A UW-Milwaukee transcript
Please refer to the most recent Award Program Brochure 2018 for specific application information and timeline. The award recipients will be selected by the AFSA Award Committee, based on the application criteria.
- Solicitation for award applications will be announced in February.
- Application will be accepted until the end of March.
- Applicants will be notified of the results by the end of April.
- Recipients are required to attend an AFSA reception to receive the awards during the following academic year.
AWARD PROGRAM BROCHURE
AWARD COMMITTEE MEMBERS & CONTACT INFORMATION
Susie Lamborn, email@example.com, Chair
Yuko Kojima-Wert, 414.229.6875, firstname.lastname@example.org
Channy Rasavong,414.229.3921, email@example.com
Vipavee Thongpriwan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tue Trinh, email@example.com