Declare a Major or Minor

Please note that the Department of Africology is undergoing a name change and will become the Department of African and African Diaspora Studies. Thank you for your patience during this transition.

To declare your major or minor in Africology, you will need to:

  1. Print an unofficial transcript. To do so:
    • Log in to PAWS
    • Under the yellow Academics header, click in the drop down menu and select Transcript: View Unofficial, then click the yellow arrow button
    • Select the Undergraduate or Graduate Transcript and default Output Destination Type (email), then click the Submit Transcript Request button
    • A PDF copy will be delivered to your UWM Email Address immediately
  2. Pick up an Information for the Prospective African and African Diaspora Studies Major packet or a Minor Information sheet in the Department Office, Mitchell Hall, Room 225.
  3. Meet with the African and African Diaspora Studies Undergraduate Faculty Advisor. See the contact us web page for your advisor’s name and contact information. Ask about your advisor’s walk-in office hours during which you can visit, and sign-up and determine your course plan. If you cannot attend walk-in advising hours, please call or e-mail to arrange an appointment. Please bring your unofficial transcript with you.

Know your College advising resources!
College of Letters & Science Advising Services