American Indian Student Services’ vision is to assist and support UWM American Indian students and to help make our communities stronger. The program provides potential and currently enrolled students with personalized support services which will help them realize their educational goals and make their UWM experience a fulfilling one.
- Recruitment and pre-college advising
- Academic advising and personal counseling
- Help with the admission, the financial aid process, and information on scholarships
- Cultural enrichment programming and events
- Peer mentoring and support of the American Indian Student Association
- Information on the American Indian Studies certificate
All American Indian students are strongly encouraged to use our services and to take advantage of the opportunities provided. We invite you to visit the AISS office in Bolton Hall 195 or call us at (414) 229-5880.