African American Student Services (AASS) provides student support services that promote African/Black Diaspora student success at UWM. AASS Multicultural Student Success Coordinators (MSS Coordinators) provide academic coaching to students at UWM. The MSS Coordinators also work cooperatively with schools and colleges to assist students with their academic pursuits from application to graduation here at UWM. The services our office provides:
- Financial aid application assistance
- Admission application assistance
- Tutoring and academic support referrals
- Information about scholarships, internships, graduate school and other opportunities
- Personal and academic problem solving
- Cultural support and discussions
- Referral to on- and off-campus resources
- Celebrate your academic and personal successes!
Students are urged to become active members of the UWM and Milwaukee communities and to take advantage of the types of opportunities that arise upon the achievement of educational, professional and personal goals. Our advisors regularly send information and announcements to students to ensure they are aware of university services, activities, and important deadlines. Each semester, AASS sponsors programs that help African American students adjust to University life and become aware of UWM’s multicultural diversity with the focus on Black Americn History, Black identity development, and
Call (414) 229-6657 to make an appointment or stop by our office located in Bolton Hall, Room 170.