NOTE: This message was sent on Tuesday, February 5, 2019, to all instructors teaching undergraduate courses for the Spring 2019 term.
As we enter the third week of the semester, it is again time to submit Progress Reports for our undergraduate students. Progress Reports provide students with an indication of their performance. The information provided by you, the instructor, is shared with each student’s academic advisor. Combined efforts will provide the opportunity for timely intervention.
- When: The Spring 2019 Progress Report campaign will run February 5th until midnight on April 1st. Please submit your Progress Reports at a time that makes the most sense for your course.
- How: All instructors teaching undergraduate courses will receive an email invitation from SSC Campus/Navigate this week to submit progress reports for all students.
- Instructors can submit progress reports by following the link in the invitation email.
- At-risk progress reports will be shared directly with students – all instructor comments will be shared so mindful construction is important.
- All reports will be directed to professional staff dedicated to student success including advisors and multi-cultural personnel.
- Instructors should submit progress reports for all students in their courses, particularly those at-risk of withdrawing from the class or receiving a low grade. Signs of risk:
- limited or no use of courseware used by the class (D2L or Canvas)
- multiple missing assignments
- an overall grade of C- or lower
- more than 2 unexplained absences with no follow-up
- any concerns to you as the instructor.
Information on the Progress Reports campaign and additional resources are available at http://uwm.edu/academicaffairs/academic_priorities/student-success/student-success-collaborative/. If you have questions or would like further training on the SSC Campus, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Progress Reports can be submitted outside this campaign effort – to submit after week 9 select SSC Campus/Navigate on the Faculty/Staff tab of the UWM homepage.
Your feedback and outreach are critical to the success of our students. I truly appreciate the effort all UWM faculty and staff make to enhance the student success and retention of our students.
Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs