Women’s & Gender Studies administers the following annual scholarships:
Women’s & Gender Studies Scholarship
Amount: One (1) $1,000 scholarship to be awarded annually.
Florence L. Healy Scholarship in Women’s & Gender Studies
Amount: Two scholarships will be awarded each year up to $2,500 each.
Guidelines and Application
- Open to full-time undergraduate students who have achieved sophomore, junior, or senior status, or graduate students whose research interests focus on women’s or gender issues.
- Applicants must have demonstrated financial need. As part of the application, applicants must submit either a copy of the previous year’s tax return or send a request to the Department of Financial Aid to release their (i.e., the applicant’s) financial information to Women’s & Gender Studies (a form for this option is included with the application). All information will be kept confidential.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA. A copy of school transcripts is required. For UWM students, unofficial transcripts are acceptable and available free of charge in Mellencamp Hall, Room 274. Newly admitted students should submit appropriate documentation of prior education.
- List two references, at least one of whom must be a faculty member (unless you have not been enrolled for more than five years). Letters should be sent directly to Women’s & Gender Studies at the address listed below.
- Applicants must submit a typed personal statement of no more than 250 words that discusses how a Women’s & Gender Studies Scholarship would address the financial obligations associated with meeting their educational and career goals.
- Applicants must submit a completed application form. Applications are available in the WGS main office, NWQ-B #7585.
Preference will be given to:
Students who have completed at least one Women’s and Gender Studies course.
Contact the WGS main office at 414-229-5918 for deadline information.
Return Application to:
Women’s & Gender Studies Scholarship Committee
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Women’s & Gender Studies
P.O. Box 413
Milwaukee, WI 53201