Group X Participant Policies
- Pass verification is required at every class prior to participation. Participants must check-in at the UREC Information Center to obtain a pass for class – up to 30 minutes prior to class start. Class passes are granted on a first come, first serve basis. Class size limits vary by class type, they are noted by the class descriptions.
- Be on time. Anyone arriving after the warm-up may be denied entry.
- Do not enter the studio before the current class is finished.
- Please secure all personal belongings in a locker. No bags, coats or other personal belongings allowed in the exercise areas.
- Participants must wear clean, non-marking athletic shoes in order to participate in classes. (Some exceptions are permitted based on the type of class (e.g. Yoga, Pilates).
- Proper athletic attire must be worn including athletic style pants or shorts. Shorts must be of a sufficient length to cover the gluteal fold. Shirts must fully cover the torso.
- Food and gum are NOT permitted in the fitness studios.
- No Cellphones, IPods, Mp3 Players, or other distracting devices allowed during class.
- Please wipe down and put away any equipment after use.
- Group Exercise equipment is only available for Group Exercise classes under the supervision of a trained instructor. Equipment is not available for open recreation at any time.
Group Cycle Policies:
- Arrive 15 minutes before class start time to learn bike set-up if you are new to class.
- Starter cycle is recommended prior to participation in regular cycle classes.
- NO participants will be admitted late to class.
- Group Cycle participants may not bring their own pedals, cages, seats, etc.
- Wipe down your bike with disinfectant after class and leave handles and seats in the UP position.
- Equipment is only available for Group Exercise classes under the supervision of a trained instructor. Bikes are not available for open recreation at any time.
- If you are just beginning an exercise program, you should obtain a full physical and medical clearance.
- Be aware of proper hydration before, during and after your workout. It is strongly recommended to bring a water bottle to class.
- Monitor your intensity throughout the class and adjust your workout accordingly. All class formats may be modified.
- If you feel nauseous or light-headed during the work out take a rest until the feeling passes. If it does not, inform your instructor.
- Inform your instructor if you have any health concerns.
- Ask questions!