NOW Open! Come workout during our Open Gym hours or try out a class!
Open Gym Hours May 1-May 12th :
Strength Dynamics Class: Tuesdays, April 4-May 2 , 6:15-7:15pm
This dynamic circuit training class is different than your traditional gym experience. Your whole body will be challenged to complete functional fitness exercises incorporating a variety of new exercise equipment! Be prepared to improve your daily movements, develop core stability, and gain total body strength!
Limited to 6 – pick up a pass from the Equipment Room up to 30 minutes before the class start time to reserve your spot.
Exercise Video Library
MoveStrong Functional Training Station along with many functional training accessories including:
- Monkey Bars
- Stall Bars
- Pull-up Stations
- Dip Station
- Plyometric Step Station
- Battle Ropes
- Climbing Ropes
- Rhino Bag
- Heavy Bag
- Elevate Trainers
- TRX Straps
- Various Grip Training Tools
- Wood Plyo Boxes
- Soft Toss Medicine Balls
- Resistance Bands
Functional Fitness Studio Policies:
- The following proper athletic attire must be worn at all times:
- Shirts required. No-midriff apparel. Top of shirt must reach the top of shorts/pants.
- Athletic style pants or shorts. Shorts must be of a sufficient length to cover the gluteal fold.
- No jeans or other items with rivets, buttons or zippers
- Shoes must be non-marking rubber-soled athletic style shoes, closed toe/heel.
- Bags and personal items not allowed. Lockers and cubbies are available for daily use. UREC is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- No food, drink, gum, tobacco or anything comparable allowed, except water in a shatter resistant, spill proof container.
- All FFS equipment must remain in the FFS.
- No equipment may be brought in from other areas.
- No powder chalk permitted.
- Respect the facility, equipment and staff. Be courteous and considerate of fellow users.
- Use of unnecessary noises, obscenities, insulting language, swearing, or profanity is prohibited.
- UREC prohibits any group or individual outside the department from delivering personal fitness programs to participants in UREC facilities.
Please help us keep this room tidy and welcoming for all users!
- Store personal belongings in a locker.
- Return the equipment you use to its designated location.
- Allow other users to work in sets with you.
- Wipe down equipment after use with towel and disinfectant spray.
- Report any issues to UREC staff.
- Max of 15 participants in the space at a time.
The above rules are not meant to be exhaustive; UREC reserves the right to prohibit behavior which, in the professional judgement of UREC staff, may place patrons or UREC facilities at risk.
Medical clearance is recommended prior to participation in any fitness program.
To keep the FTS as safe and inviting as possible, the space will be monitored by video surveillance, UREC staff and users.