Not sure what to do in the space?
Check out our online exercise videos below or take one of our small-group training classes.
FALL PROMO: Check-out any of our new Small-group training classes for FREE! Space is limited to 6, so stop at the Equipment Room prior to class to get a pass for class.
Intro to TRX
Dates/Times: Thursdays 5-5:30pm
September 14-December 14
Space limited to 6, pick up a pass from the UREC Equipment Room up to 30 minutes before class start time to secure your spot.
Using suspension equipment that uses your own body weight and gravity, this class focuses on technique, transitions, and progressions. Learn basic foundational exercises that will build strength, balance, coordination, flexibility as well as core engagement and joint stability.
Dates/Times: Tuesdays 5:15-6pm
October 30-December 14
This high intensity, dynamic circuit training class will challenge your muscle and core strength, cardio, and everywhere in between. A variety of equipment will be incorporated, including TRX, battle ropes, kettlebells, medicine balls and more. We will cover full body exercises that will get you ready to conquer any obstacle that stands in your way.
Click here for more info.
MoveStrong Functional Training Station along with many functional training accessories including:
- Monkey Bars
- Stall Bars
- Pull-up Stations
- Dip Station
- Plyometric Step Station
- Battle Ropes
- Climbing Ropes
- Rhino Bag
- Heavy Bag
- Elevate Trainers
- TRX Straps
- Various Grip Training Tools
- Wood Plyo Boxes
- Soft Toss Medicine Balls
- Resistance Bands
Not sure what to do in the space? Check out our Exercise Video Library
Functional Fitness Studio Policies:
- The following proper athletic attire must be worn at all times:
- Shirts required. No-midriff apparel. Top of shirt must reach the top of shorts/pants.
- Athletic style pants or shorts. Shorts must be of a sufficient length to cover the gluteal fold.
- No jeans or other items with rivets, buttons or zippers
- Shoes must be non-marking rubber-soled athletic style shoes, closed toe/heel.
- Bags and personal items not allowed. Lockers and cubbies are available for daily use. UREC is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- No food, drink, gum, tobacco or anything comparable allowed, except water in a shatter resistant, spill proof container.
- All FFS equipment must remain in the FFS.
- No equipment may be brought in from other areas.
- No powder chalk permitted.
- Respect the facility, equipment and staff. Be courteous and considerate of fellow users.
- Use of unnecessary noises, obscenities, insulting language, swearing, or profanity is prohibited.
- UREC prohibits any group or individual outside the department from delivering personal fitness programs to participants in UREC facilities.
Please help us keep this room tidy and welcoming for all users!
- Store personal belongings in a locker.
- Return the equipment you use to its designated location.
- Allow other users to work in sets with you.
- Wipe down equipment after use with towel and disinfectant spray.
- Report any issues to UREC staff.
- Max of 15 participants in the space at a time.
The above rules are not meant to be exhaustive; UREC reserves the right to prohibit behavior which, in the professional judgment of UREC staff, may place patrons or UREC facilities at risk.
Medical clearance is recommended prior to participation in any fitness program.
To keep the FFS as safe and inviting as possible, the space will be monitored by video surveillance, UREC staff and users.