We have many questions that are asked every semester, hopefully you can find an answer on this page.
Please stop by the University Recreation Information Center in the Klotsche Center and Pavilion to register for a course.
- Bring a driver’s license or passport to create an account with University Recreation.
- To guarantee your spot in a course you must pre-register for it, or take the chance that there will still be openings and register the day of the course.
- The course may be canceled 48 hours before the course start date due to inadequate enrollment.
- Please be sure to list an email address and phone number to be contacted at in case of cancellation.
- Parking is your responsibility – There is street parking and metered campus parking ($1.00 per hour).
- Immediate payment is required – we accept cash, credit card or check.
UWM University Recreation has numerous facilities available for a variety of different group reservations. All reservations require a Facility Request Form to be completed and may require a fee for use. All reservations must be submitted at least two weeks in advance (major events hosted by off-campus user groups require at least one month advance notice and insurance). For more information please visit our Facility Reservation site.
Yes, but only during times the Arena isn’t scheduled by Athletics or University Recreation. Call University Recreation at 414-229-3914 the day that you want to use the space to see about availability.
Group X classes are drop-in: try any class, any time, just by stopping at the Information Center up to 30 minutes before the class start time to pick up a pass and give that pass to the instructor (please note, passes will not be handed out five minutes prior to class start; this allows time for equipment set up as well as for an uninterrupted class). Each class has a limited number of passes, for example, Zumba is 60 participants, Group Cycle is 20. Mind & Body classes require registration and a fee. Your registration guarantees your spot in the class for the whole semester. Please register at the UREC Information Center.
The Visitor Center reception desk is just to the east of the University Recreation Information Center desk. The main Visitor Center office is located in Vogel Hall. Walk out of the east doors up to the Downer Avenue sidewalk. Head south (turn right) on Downer Avenue, walking through the first stop light at Newport Avenue. Vogel Hall is attached to Garland and Pearse Hall and is situated at the start of the horseshoe driveway on Downer Avenue. Visitor Center signs should be visible as you cross Newport Avenue.
- Parking is changing starting late summer 2016. Once this information is available it will be updated on the website.