Thursday, November 16, 2017
Alumni Fireside Lounge
2200 E Kenwood Blvd, Milwaukee
Please join us for the 11th Annual Henry W. Maier State of Milwaukee Summit. This year’s Milwaukee Summit theme will be Far from the American Dream: Milwaukee’s Fair and Affordable Housing Crisis, in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the March on Milwaukee.
The Milwaukee Summit will include a set of presentations and Q&A discussing current housing issues and reforms from a distinguished panel of community leaders, policy experts, and decision-makers. The event will be held in the UWM Student Union Alumni Fireside Lounge on Thursday, November 16 from 4:30-6 followed by a reception.
This year’s panel includes:
- James Mathy, Milwaukee County Housing Division
- Raphael Ramos, Legal Action Eviction Defense Project
- Kori Schneider Peragine, Metropolitan Milwaukee Fair Housing Council
- Professor Arijit Sen, UWM Architecture and Urban Studies Programs
- Rebecca Stoner, ACTS Housing
This event is free and open to the public and sponsored by: Urban Studies Programs, the Henry W. Maier Fund, the Center for Economic Development, and the College of Letters and Science at UWM.