It is the responsibility of the motor vehicle operator to be aware of UWM parking regulations and to find legal parking space. Lack of legal space is not considered a valid excuse for parking illegally.
Parking Rules and Regulations
- There is no free parking on campus. Parking is enforced at all times 24 hours / 7 days a week.
- Parking in a restricted area without a proper permit, a no—parking zone, loading zone, fire lanes or in a manner which obstructs traffic is strictly prohibited. This is enforced at all times.
- All vehicles and their license plate(s) must be registered when purchasing a permit, this includes the UPARK permit. It is the customer’s responsibility to update any changes to their vehicle(s). Enforcement is done by license plate, failure to update a vehicle(s) is not grounds for a valid appeal.
- When using ParkMobile, the zone and license plate number must be correct. Failure to verify this information before starting a parking session is not grounds for a valid appeal.
- Customers are limited to one vehicle per permit on campus at any particular time. Customers may register multiple plates under their account, but only one vehicle linked to the permit is allowed on campus at one time. Any additional vehicles linked to the permit on campus must pay for their parking. Failure to do so will result in a violation.
- Pedestrians shall be given the right—of—way at all crosswalks.
- Vehicles cannot reverse into a parking space. Vehicles must park with the rear of the vehicle facing out. Violators will be ticketed. The exception to this regulation is the four gated garages on the UWM Campus; Union, Lubar, Northwest Quadrant (NWQ), and Pavilion.
- Vehicles parked illegally are subject to tow—away at the owner’s expense.
- Speed limit in driveways and all parking areas is 5 MPH.
- Overnight parking is permitted only for vehicles displaying UWM issued resident overnight permits, third-shift permits or Library permits in e areas designated for their use, which is 2:00 AM — 5:00 AM.
- Unauthorized vehicles parked in excess of 24 hours are subject to tow—away at owner’s expense.
- Vehicles must be parked within stall markings or between brackets.
- The University Police will not honor calls requesting that vehicles parked without permits be exempt from parking citations.
- Canceling payroll deductible permits are prorated to the 15th of the month or the end of the calendar month dependent on the date of cancellation. Monthly permit cancellations must be made in writing. Any monthly permit canceled prior to the start of the month the permit will be active, will be refunded after a processing fee. Monthly permits will not be refunded after the start of the month the permit will active. Any semester permit canceled by the last day to drop or withdraw from full—term courses, may receive a prorated return minus a processing fee. Semester permits canceled after the last day to drop or withdraw from full-term courses will not receive a refund. The last day to drop or withdraw from full—term courses may be found on the UWM Registrar’s calendar.
- Observe regulations posted on meters. All metered parking is limited to the maximum amount of time posted on the meter. Exceeding the time results in the vehicle being subject to multiple enforcement actions. If the meter is out—of—order, notify the Transportation Services office (414) 229—4000. Failure to pay at another meter is grounds for a citation. Parkers can by pay online at parkmobile.com or by calling (877) 727—5003.
- The right is reserved to close any parking area or facility for University purposes. Advanced notice will be given when practical. No refunds or special accommodations are guaranteed to permit holders.
- The regulations are enforced throughout the calendar year, including recesses.
- The registered owner, and/or permit-holder, and/or operator is responsible for all violations attached to the vehicle and is thus subject to y and all forfeitures resulting from these violations.
- All provisions of Chapter 346 Wisconsin Statues (1975), entitled “Rules of the Road”, as applicable to highways and which are not inconsistent the specific provisions of these regulations, are hereby incorporated by reference and adopted for the regulation of all vehicular traffic, excluding bicycles, on all roads and driveways, including all off—street areas designated as parking facilities, under the control of the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System. Said statutory provisions are intended to apply with the same force and effect. All traffic shall obey the posted signs approved by the Chancellor or his designee responsible for regulating such traffic.
- Any person avoiding payment of required parking fee or in violation of University Parking Regulations is subject to penalties and forfeitures described under Penalties.
- Any vehicle with over $150 in unpaid fees which are over 30 days is subject to be towed from campus lots at owner’s expense.
- No person shall conduct vehicle repairs in a University space. Exceptions may be issued for emergency roadside repairs to allow the vehicle to save the space.
- Any damage outside of normal wear and tear to University spaces or lots may be assessed to the person found at fault for the damage.
- The University assumes no responsibility or liability for loss from theft, or damage to vehicles operated or parked on campus. Vehicles exclude any mode of transportation approved to park on campus including but not limited to cars, trucks, motorcycles, mopeds, bicycles, etc. accordance with State Statues 895.46 & 893.82, damages to personal vehicles while parked in a University lot or ramp are not covered the University’s insurance unless the damage is a direct result of negligence. Damages that are not covered include equipment malfunctions, wind, vandalism, etcetera.
Frequently Asked Questions – ParkingQ: I am a new employee. How do I apply for parking?
A: New employees can purchase parking permits online at uwm.edu/Transportation/GetPermits. Employees must have an ePantherID (uwm.edu/iam/services/epantheraccount-services) and Password to setup payroll deductions. Other options include Parkmobile.com and daily & hourly parking (uwm.edu/transportation/rates).
Q: I have a new vehicle. What do I have to do with my permit?
A: Your license plate is your permit; thus it is very important that your new plate information is linked to your account (uwm.edu/transportation/portallogin). Information on managing your account is available at uwm.edu/Transportation/AccountManagement.
Q: How do I cancel my payroll deductions?
A: In order to cancel your payroll deduction, you need to complete and submit the Payroll Deduction Cancellation Form (uwm.edu/transportation/payroll-deduction-cancellation-form/), your payroll deduction will be stopped according to the timeframes provided on the cancellation form.
Q: How do I appeal a citation?
A: Citations can be appealed online (uwm.edu/transportation/citation). Appeals need to be made within ten days of when the citation was written.
|ParkMobile Lot #:||Lot Name:||Parkmobile Use:||Pay Machine:||Permits Types Allowed:||Other Permits Allowed:||Public Parking:|
|59001||Library/Garland||Yes – After 4 PM/ Anytime Weekends||Yes – After 4 PM/ Anytime Weekends||Library/Garland||Yes – After 4 PM & Weekends||Yes – After 4 PM/ Anytime Weekends|
|59006||Sciences||Yes||Yes in Public Spaces||Sciences Reserved & Regular/Hunting||Yes – After 4 PM & Weekends||Yes|
|59007||SARUP/ Engelmann||Yes||Yes in Public Spaces||SARUP Reserved & Regular/Hunting||Yes – After 4 PM & Weekends||Yes|
|59008||Chapman/Enderis||Yes – After 4 PM/ Anytime Weekends||Yes – After 4 PM/ Anytime Weekends||Chapman/Enderis||Yes – After 4 PM & Weekends||Yes – After 4 PM/ Anytime Weekends|
|59009||Zelazo||Yes||Yes – After 3 PM/ Anytime Weekends||Zelazo Reserved & Regular/Hunting||Yes – After 4 PM & Weekends||Yes – After 3 PM/ Anytime Weekends|
|59010||Pavilion Garage||Yes||Yes in Public Spaces||Pavilion Reserved & Pavilion||No||Yes|
|59015||Klotsche||Yes||Yes||Regular/Hunting||Yes – After 4 PM & Weekends||Yes|
|59018||Power Plant||Yes||Yes in Public Spaces||Power Plant Reserved & Regular/Hunting||Yes – After 4 PM & Weekends||Yes|
|59019||Holton||Yes||Yes||Regular/Hunting||Yes – After 4 PM & Weekends||Yes|
|59020||Cunningham||Yes||Yes in Public Spaces||Cunningham Reserved & Regular/Hunting||Yes – After 4 PM & Weekends||Yes|
|59023||EMS Garage||Yes||Yes in Public Spaces||EMS Reserved||None||None|
|59024||Sandburg||Yes||Yes in Public Spaces||Sandburg||None||Yes|
|59026||Kenilworth||Yes||Yes in Public Spaces||Kenilworth||None||Yes|
|59033||NWQ Garage||Yes||Yes in Public Spaces||NWQ Reserved & NWQ||None||Yes|
|59034||NWQ Surface Lot||Yes||Yes in Public Spaces||Regular/Hunting||Yes – After 4 PM & Weekends||Yes|
|59035||Day Care||Yes||Yes in Public Spaces||Day Care Reserved & Regular/Hunting||Yes – After 4 PM & Weekends||Yes|
|59036||Honors College||Yes||Yes in Public Spaces||Honors College Reserved & Regular/Hunting||Yes – After 4 PM & Weekends||Yes|