Please read the Repair Terms and Conditions carefully. By submitting your product to UWM TechRepair, you agree that these Repair Terms and Conditions will govern the repair of your product by UWM TechRepair. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, do not submit your product to UWM TechRepair.
1. Repair Service. UWM TechRepair will repair your product as described and for the estimated charges shown on the reverse side (unless such estimated charges are subsequently revised with your written or oral consent). When the product is covered by warranty or an extended service contract, such as the AppleCare Protection Plan or Dell Hardware Service Agreement, UWM TechRepair will perform repairs under the terms of such warranty or extended service, provided that you have presented satisfactory proof of the product’s eligibility for such repairs. You will be responsible for any additional charges applicable under or beyond your product’s warranty or extended service contract, including any applicable tax.
2. Subcontractors. UWM TechRepair may subcontract with other service providers for the repair of your product.
3. Payment. Unless your product is repaired under warranty or extended service contract without any charge, you will promptly pay UWM TechRepair the estimated charges identified on the reverse side plus any additional charges subsequently agreed to by you. Your payment is due when the product is returned to you by UWM TechRepair. Unless specified otherwise, the estimated amount includes all parts, labor, any transportation required for the repair of the product, and any applicable tax. You may, in UWM TechRepair’s sole discretion, be responsible for the diagnostic fee on the reverse side, plus any applicable tax, if UWM TechRepair inspects your product, provides an estimate for you, and you do not authorize UWM TechRepair to undertake the repairs for the estimated charges. If UWM TechRepair determines, while inspecting your product, that repairs are needed due to failures of parts that are neither supplied by the distributor nor distributor branded or are needed due to damage caused by abuse, misuse or misapplications, UWM TechRepair reserves the right to return the product to you without repairing it, and may hold you responsible for the diagnostic fee on the reverse side, plus any applicable tax.
4. Unanticipated Labor/Parts. If the requested repairs require labor and/or parts not specified on the reverse side UWM TechRepair may seek your approval to revise the estimate. If you do not agree that UWM TechRepair may revise the charges, UWM TechRepair may return your product and hold you responsible for the diagnostic fee shown on the reverse side, plus any applicable tax.
5. Parts. In repairing your product under your product’s warranty or extended service contract, UWM TechRepair may use new, used or reconditioned parts, as permitted by the terms of such warranty or extended service contract. If repairing parts outside of the warranty or extended service contract, UWM TechRepair may use new, used or reconditioned parts. UWM TechRepair will retain any replaced part as its property, and the replacement part will be your property. Replaced parts may be repairable and are exchanged or repaired by UWM TechRepair for value. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby waive any right you may have to receive any replaced parts. If applicable law requires UWM TechRepair to return a replaced part to you, you agree to pay UWM TechRepair the additional cost of the replacement item.
6. Disclaimer of Warranty. If UWM TechRepair repairs your product under warranty or extended service contract, the repairs will be covered solely by the terms of the warranty or extended service contract and any applicable provisions of law. If your product is repaired outside of warranty, UWM TechRepair warrants (1) that repairs will be performed in a competent and workmanlike manner and (2) that all parts used to repair your product will be free form defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ninety (90) days, unless otherwise specified by UWM TechRepair. If a defect exists in a replacement part during the part’s warranty period as identified in the preceding sentence, in its sole discretion, UWM TechRepair will (1) repair the part, using new, used or reconditioned parts, (2) replace the part with a new, used or reconditioned equivalent part, or (3) refund the fair market value of the part as determined by Apple or Dell. THIS WARRANTY AND REMEDY ARE EXCLUSIVE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES, AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE REPAIR PARTS. UWM TECHREPAIR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE REPAIR PARTS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IF UWM TECHREPAIR CANNOT LAWFULLY DISCLAIM IMPLIED WARRANTIES UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY.
7. Limitation of Liability. UWM TECHREPAIR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURES OR DELAYS IN PERFORMING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT THAT ARE DUE TO EVENTS OUTSIDE OF ITS REASONABLE CONTROL. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAW, THE STATE OF WISCONSIN, THE BOARD OF REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM, UWM, UWM TECHREPAIR AND THEIR OFFICERS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE PERFORMANCE OR OMISSION OF ANY REPAIR SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF REVENUE; LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFIT (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS ON CONTRACTS); LOSS OF REPUTATION; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OF USE OF MONEY; LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; LOSS OF BUSINESS; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OF GOODWILL; LOSS OF REPUTATION; LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO, OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; OR ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING, PROGRAMMING, OR RESTORING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED ON YOUR PRODUCT OR ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA STORED ON YOUR PRODUCT. UWM TECHREPAIR SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO (1) REPAIR OR REPLACE YOUR PRODUCT WITOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, OR (2) MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA. IF ANY PRODUCT SHOULD BE DAMAGED OR LOST WHILE IN UWM TECHREPAIR’S CUSTODY, UWM TECHREPAIR’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE AFFECTED PRODUCT. OTHERWISE UWM TECHREPAIR’S LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGE SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE PAYMENTS RECEIVED BY UWM TECHREPAIR FOR SERVICES PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THESE TERMS. THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN SHALL BE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR ANY BREACH BY UWM TECHREPAIR UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
8. Backup of Data and Information. UWM TECHREPAIR is not liable for loss or corruption of data or your confidential, proprietary or personal information or removable data. Before you bring in your product for any repair service, you should make a backup copy of your data and remove any confidential, proprietary or personal information and removable media such as floppy disks, CDs or PC cards.
9. Abandon Product. If you have not claimed your product and paid all charges due within sixty (60) days after being notified by UWM TechRepair that your product is available to be returned to you, UWM TechRepair will consider your product abandoned. UWM TechRepair will provide such notice to you at the mailing address you furnished when you authorized the repairs. UWM TechRepair may dispose of your product in accordance with applicable provisions of law, and specifically may sell your product without liability to you. UWM TechRepair reserves its statutory and any other lawful liens for unpaid charges.
10. Installation Services. If the repair service involves transferring information or installing software on the product, you represent that you have legal right to copy and agree to the terms of the software license, and you authorize UWM TechRepair to transfer information and accept such terms on your behalf in performing such service.
11. Complete Agreement. These Terms and Conditions are the only ones that govern UWM TechRepair’s repair of your product. No other oral or written terms or conditions apply, including any terms or conditions contained in any purchase order that you provide to UWM TechRepair. No one has authority from UWM TechRepair to vary any of these Terms and Conditions.
12. Personal Information. You agree and understand that it is necessary for UWM TechRepair to collect, process and use your personal data in order to perform the service and support obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
13. Governing Law. The laws of the State of Wisconsin will govern this Agreement.