- Sign up for text/email emergency messages.
- Read “UWM Acceptable Use of University Information Technology Resources.”
- Make sure your computer has anti-virus software.
- Set up your laptop and mobile devices to use the secure UWMWiFi option.
- Download UWM’s free mobile app for iPhones and Android devices.
- Check your official UWM email account regularly; don’t forward your email; use your official UWM calendar.
- Don’t share copyrighted materials including music, movies and games.
- If needed, give designate access to your PAWS account for tuition payments and/or to view grades.
- Install the wireless laptop pantherPRINT option.
- Apply for a job.
Stop by to test drive and purchase the most popular Apple and Dell computers with educational discounts, as well as iPads and iPods. Check out the wide variety of accessories including cables, printers, locks, ear buds, cases, printer ink, and more!
Computer acting up? Need to have software installed? Hard drive fried? Bring your computer in for:
- Certified repair technicians
- Reasonable rates
- Quick turnaround
- Free virus removal (Limit: 2 per semester)
UWM Walk-in Help Desk
Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m
Hands-on help with:
- ePanther ID & Password
- Student Response Clickers
- Wireless services
Campus Computer Labs
Bolton 225, Library Learning Commons, NWQB 1480, Union W199, and Sandburg C280
Stop by one of the general computer labs on campus for a great spot to do homework!
*PC & Mac computers available in Library and Bolton Computer Labs.
Print from a Bolton Lab computer, send a print request from your laptop or buy a pantherPRINT card here.
Low-cost Student Express Workshops, software training and free ePanther services training.
ePantherID & Password
- Web-based UWM services
- Campus wireless network
- Campus Computer Labs
Keep your ePanther password secure. Never share it.
Your smartphone just got smarter! Download the FREE UWM Mobile app for iPhones & Androids. Get your course schedule, campus maps, directories, laundry availability, shuttle routes, and much more!
Sign up to receive campus emergency text/email messages in the event of life-threatening campus incidents posing imminent danger.
Visit for emergency information.
Check for updates about IT service issues.
Personal Web Space
Host your website on your
UWM Help Desk
7 days a week, 7 a.m. – midnight
414-229-4040; toll-free 877-381-3459
- Class registration
- Final grades
- Financial aid status
- Tuition bill paying
- Course information
- Assignment submission
- Class discussion
- Online class discussion
- Keep track of important personal, course and UWM activity dates
- More than email—includes collaboration tools
- OneDrive Storage
Ensure you receive all official UWM emails; do NOT forward official UWM email to another account.
Deeply discounted software including:
- Operating Systems
Campus Computer Labs
Featuring PC and Mac computers. Find them in Bolton Hall 225, UWM Union W199, Soref Learning Commons, Library W150, and Sandburg Hall C280.
Student Printing Services
Print at Campus Computer Lab (CCLs) printers or wirelessly from
Nearly 130 Web Kiosks conveniently located on the first floor of most buildings.
Available in many locations; secure UWMWiFi option for students (requires device set up).
“Hot spot” unsecured wireless service in public building spaces.
Anti-virus Software Options
FREE Computer Virus Removal
Take advantage up to 2 times per semester at UWM TechRepair, Bolton 225A.
Check for alerts, news and ways to protect your identity, computer and files.
Sharing Music & Movies
Don’t get busted; don’t illegally share copyright materials.
Online Survey Tool
Create & deploy surveys; collect & analyze data.
UWM High Performance Computing Service
Discover opportunities for use of UWM’s High Performance
Computer (HPC) Service for research.
UITS Student Jobs
Get a great job with University Information Technology Services, the campus IT department. Apply online; technical background not needed; training provided.