- To serve as a positive UWM student representative and to support a collaborative approach to recruitment, enrollment, and retention.
- To make personal connections and be a valuable resource by assisting each prospective student and their families by answering their questions and meeting their needs.
- To host an exciting and engaging campus tour to support a better connection between prospective students and the UWM campus community.
- To provide a high level of customer service and accurate information to minimize barriers in prospective student’s college decision making and application process.
The requirements to apply are:
- You must be a full-time student
- You must have a minimum 2.5 GPA
For the 2017-18 academic year, the following positions are available:
Campus Ambassador (Tour Guide): The CAs are an integral part of the UWM recruitment team and they do more than give tours. This prominent student leadership position serves as the face of UWM to prospective students and their families, helping them become familiar with our campus community. You will assist in staffing our Visitor Center, give tours and work recruitment events – impacting the college decision-making process for prospective students. Share your UWM Pride with future Panthers!
To apply for a position, please complete the application and submit two recommendation forms (details are below). At the beginning of the spring semester you will be contacted about signing up for an interview. Please review the position descriptions before you apply and confirm that you are able to commit to the training dates and times during the spring and summer and to the other activities involved with the positions (exceptions will NOT be made).
Spring Training (Required for all positions):
One 2-Hour Class for 6 weeks during the spring semester
Campus Ambassador (Tour Guide) Required dates:
August 21 – 31 Training and Shadowing August 23 – September 4
If you have any questions or concerns about the commitment required for Campus Ambassador position, please contact Admissions at 414-229-4397 or firstname.lastname@example.org.