Explore your leadership style. Meet new friends. Gain confidence in your skills. Make a difference. Connect with others who want to make the world a better place.
The Ignite Leadership Institute is a five-part experience filled with hands-on activities that allow you to explore who you are as a leader, and gain skills and strategies that can be applied in your everyday lives. It concludes with a formal recognition at the Student Organization and Leadership Awards.
This six-week program is perfect for undergraduate seeking to explore leadership topics. No prior leadership experience needed, just an interest in growing as a leader! Participation is free for students.
What To Expect
Join us for the program and you will:
- Explore your personal leadership style and guiding values, your role in leading others in a team setting, and serving your community.
- Gain confidence to identify and seek out new leadership opportunities both on and off campus.
- Connect with university staff who can serve as resources in the future.
- Create meaningful personal relationships and build a sense of belonging in the campus community.
- Develop a network of friends and fellow leaders on campus.
Your Ignite Leadership Institute experience will include:
- Participation at the Ignite Leadership Institute Kickoff
- Four weekly small-group leadership sessions with your Ignite Cluster and Ignite Coaches
- An Ignite service event with fellow Ignite participants
- Celebration of your program completion at the Ignite Closing Reception
- An Ignite Workbook and Personal Reflection Guide to help you map out your leadership goals and next steps
- An Ignite t-shirt
Fall 2017 Schedule
- Spring Kickoff – Thursday, October 12
- Cluster Session One – Week of October 16
- Cluster Session Two – Week of October 23
- Cluster Session Three – Week of October 30
- Cluster Session Four – Week of November 6
- Final Reflection and Program Assessment – Completed by November 13
- Ignite Closing Reception – Wednesday, November 15
Ignite Participant Commitment
- Register for the program and identify an Ignite Cluster (small group) session weekly meeting you will attend.
- Attend all Ignite Cluster sessions.
- Participate in an Ignite Service Event, held throughout October and November.
- Complete a final reflection and assessment of the program.
How To Sign Up
Registration will open in August for Fall 2017.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.