Explore your leadership style. Meet new friends. Gain confidence in your skills. Make a difference. Connect with others who want to make the world a better place.
The Ignite Leadership Institute is a five-part experience filled with hands-on activities that allow you to explore who you are as a leader, and gain skills and strategies that can be applied in your everyday lives. It concludes with a formal recognition at the Student Organization and Leadership Awards.
This month-long program is perfect for undergraduate seeking to explore leadership topics. No prior leadership experience needed, just an interest in growing as a leader! Participation is free for students.
What To Expect
Join us for the program and you will:
- Explore your personal leadership style and guiding values, your role in leading others in a team setting, and serving your community.
- Gain confidence to identify and seek out new leadership opportunities both on and off campus.
- Connect with university staff who can serve as resources in the future.
- Create meaningful personal relationships and build a sense of belonging in the campus community.
- Develop a network of friends and fellow leaders on campus.
Your Ignite Leadership Institute experience will include:
- Participation at the Ignite Leadership Institute Spring Kickoff
- Three weekly small-group leadership sessions with your Ignite Cluster and Ignite Coach
- An Ignite Cluster service project as part of Ignite Service Week
- Recognition for participation at the Student Excellence Awards
- An Ignite Workbook and Personal Reflection Guide to help you map out your leadership goals and next steps
- An Ignite t-shirt to celebrate your completion of the program commitments
Spring 2017 Schedule
- Spring Kickoff – Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 5-7:30 pm in the Union Wisconsin Room
- Cluster Session One – Week of April 3rd
- Cluster Session Two – Week of April 10th
- Cluster Session Three & Ignite Service Week – Week of April 17th
- Final Reflection and Program Assessment – Completed prior to April 25th
- Recognition at the Student Organization and Leadership Awards on Tuesday, April 25th
Ignite Participant Commitment
- Register for the program and identify an Ignite Cluster (small group) session weekly meeting you will attend.
- Attend and complete at least 4 of 5 sessions throughout the Ignite program in one semester. (Kickoff, Cluster Sessions and Service Event). No more than one absence throughout the program to be recognized as a participant and graduate of the program.
- Complete a final reflection and assessment of the program.
How To Sign Up
Register at the link below. On the registration form, you will be able to select potential Ignite Cluster Session times that work best with your schedule. Registration for Ignite closes on March 17, 2017.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.