Sophomore Springboard is a leadership program designed to help second-year and new transfer students at UWM to reflect on who they are as a leader and what they want to accomplish during their time as a UWM student.
What will you get out of Sophomore Springboard?
- A better understanding of your leadership style, and how it will be valuable to your future!
- Access to resources to better understand yourself, your vision, and how to make the most of your remaining years on campus!
- Connections with local alumni who are doing amazing things in Milwaukee!
- Relationships with other students who want to see you succeed!
- You’ll come out of the experience with a plan for your next few years, and staff who will help you to stay on track!
Sophomore Springboard will meet 4:00-5:30pm on Wednesdays during the spring semester. Applications will be available by October. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Session One (January 31st) – Introduction to Sophomore Springboard
- Session Two (February 7th)- Your Leadership Style
- We’ll discuss a leadership inventory that you will take that will help you to understand your leadership style. We’ll talk about how to connect that style with your major or career plan. You’ll also walk away with a planning tool to help you along your leadership journey!
- Session Three (February 14th) – Panel of Alumni
- We’re bringing in alumni who work in the Milwaukee area to talk about what experiences from their time at UWM are influential in their career.
- Session Four (February 21st)- Passion and Purpose
- During this week we’ll look at what drives you. We’ll talk about strategies for staying curious and you’ll begin to create your vision for the future!
- Session Five (February 28th) – Looking Ahead
- This week, we’ll focus on creating a plan for the rest of your time at UWM. In the midst of college life, it’s sometimes challenging to see where you’re going, and to figure out how to get there, so we’ll talk about some tools and resources to help you make the most of the time left on campus!
- Session Six (March 7th)- Wrap up and Dinner
- During the final week, we celebrate the completion of the program through some fun wrap up activities and a celebratory dinner.