To apply for Student Support Services (SSS), you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or meet residency requirements for federal student financial assistance.
- Meet federal eligibility guidelines:
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parent holds a four-year degree); or
- Meet federal income guidelines; or
- Have a qualifying documented disability
- Be enrolled full-time at UW-Milwaukee.
Prior to their first semester as an incoming student at UW-Milwaukee, SSS students are encouraged to begin with our Summer Bridge Program. SSS students receive support and encouragement throughout their progress toward a degree.
New Student Orientation (NSO)
Once admitted to UW-Milwaukee, all students will be required to register for a New Student Orientation (NSO). The following steps must be completed prior to registration. Click here for NSO information.