Professional Development and Outreach Programs
At the Helen Bader School of Social Welfare, we believe in the importance of continuing education. Our dynamic professional development programs will prepare you for the challenges found in both social work and criminal justice settings. Dedicated faculty and community practitioners teach an array of courses that blend theory and practice while covering topics that are relevant to you.
We will work with you to develop onsite courses specifically tailored to your agency. Everyone in your agency – administrators, staff, social workers and paraprofessionals – can benefit from the custom programming of our faculty and experts.
Expertise in many areas
HBSSW faculty members and community practitioners are helping individuals, families and communities to thrive. We are taking the lead with partnering agencies to address issues including trauma-informed care, homeless veterans, adult caregivers, children who help care for adults and addictions.
Onsite courses help your staff learn in a comfortable setting. Professionals earn CEH credits and benefit from receiving the most up-to-date information about a specific area in their field.
- Training for Adoption Competency (TAC)
- A grant from Jockey International Foundation covers the cost for participants from 2016-2018.
- TAC is a licensed post-graduate training program leading to the acquisition of greater skills in providing services to adopted persons, birth families, prospective adoptive parents, adoptive families, and kinship families.
- 72 CEHs
- Find out more about TAC.
Interested in having an onsite program in your agency?
- LGBTQ+ Populations and Aging
March 2, 2018
- Expanding Awareness: Mindfulness-Based Techniques for Aging Well
March 9, 2018
- Managing Ethics & Boundaries with a Clinical Lens
March 23, 2018
- Motivational Interviewing – Introduction Course
April 14, 2018
- Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) for Substance Misuse Training
April 20, 2018
- Supporting Caregivers: The Art of Connection
April 20, 2018
- Aging Well: Yoga in Later Life to Connect the Mind, Body, and Spirit
May 11, 2018
- Healing or Harming: Prescription Drug Use in Older Adults
June 8, 2018
- Do you want to be the first to hear about upcoming programs? Join our mailing list to receive the latest information.