Writing Web Content That Works
In a globally connected environment where content marketing is all the rage, it seems like everyone working in digital marketing has to be a writer, at least in some capacity. Learn how you (and your marketing team) can write effective web content that captures the attention of your target audience, keeps your website visitors engaged, and nudges your potential and current customers toward the sale.
Key deliverables from this class include:
- Content Funnel/Blog Bank
- One finalized piece of written content of student’s choice
This course is offered in a two-week, online format.
Who Should Attend
Any business professional responsible for (or heading a team responsible for) writing effective online content.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the structure of a variety of written, online content formats and how to write each to most effectively reach your business or marketing goals.
- Be able to create your own Content Funnel/Blog Bank with your own unique content ideas.
- Have a good grasp of numerous tricks and tips for creating effective web content, from idea to publication.
- Understand the value and advantages of superior written content.
- Have one well-written and edited piece of content you can use within your organization right away.
- Understand how to build on your existing content and create ongoing content streams that continue to appeal to your audience over time.
- Getting Attention: How to write for today’s educated consumer
- Voice: Developing your brand personality
- The Writing Process: tips for capturing ideas
- Six Writing Roadblocks and what to do about them
- Storytelling: What’s in a Story?
- The three Most Popular Types of Online Content and how to write each
- Online Research: Doing Your Homework
- Grammar & Formatting for functionality and fun
- SEO Basics
- Keeping that Fish on the Hook: Developing content streams
An accredited undergraduate degree in business, marketing or related field and/or relevant career experience.
This course is offered in a two week online format.
Access to Course Site
Look for an email approximately one week prior to the start date of the class with instructions on setting up your username and password and how to access the online course site.
This is an instructor-facilitated, online asynchronous course. You are required to have routine access to a computer with Internet. You are also required to have a recent version of Microsoft Office Suite or comparable program. There are no textbooks required for this course. Course materials will be provided in the online course site (D2L).
Each week you will be given readings and assignments to complete. You will be expected to log in and complete assignments within the deadlines given in order to be awarded CEUs and the Certificate of Completion. However, within the deadline you will be able to complete the readings and assignments at your leisure. If you have questions about deadlines you can work with the instructor.
Certificates of Completion will be mailed once your coursework has been completed.
"I liked the structure of the class. Informative presentations and supporting documents. There were many helpful tips that I will be using in the future in our content marketing efforts." — Student, 2015