Using Strategic Analysis
Building BA-IT Partnerships
Understanding your entire organization and its business needs will help your project succeed. The IT-business divide is often a key factor in project failures, because it lacks any formal structure to align IT investments with business strategy. Create the framework for a successful BA-IT partnership in the development of effective business requirements.
Who Should Attend
- Business Analysis Managers
- Business or Technical Analysts
- Operations Analysts or Managers
- Development Managers
- IT Managers
- Systems Analysts or Managers
- Project Managers
- Requirements Engineers
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Integrate business requirements into your system development and project management life cycles
- Create and implement a strategy map and process management tools to indentify potential project opportunities
- Evaluate alternatives using enterprise architecture frameworks and conduct feasibility studies
- Define the scope and purpose of enterprise analysis
- Apply strategy and organizational tools to define the business need
- Become familiar with sound practices for requirements development and management
- Define business analysis roles, skills and competencies
Course Outline and Topics
- Requirements Overview
- Business Analysis Planning
- Requirements Management
- Enterprise Analysis
- Defining the business need
- Assessing the organizational capability
- Enterprise architecture
- Conducting feasibility studies
- Developing the business case
- Business Analysis Skills and Competencies
Business Analyst Essentials or equivalent experience
This class was formerly titled: Enterprise Analysis and Business Requirements.
I really liked the content, detail of the class and the friendliness of the instructor.
— Bobbi Schleuter, October 2015
One of the best courses I’ve had at UWM. Good mix of applicable content, discussion and new information.
— Class Participant, October 2015
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Thu.-Fri., Oct. 20-21
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
Instructor: Alice Wilken B.A., M.A.
CEUs: 1.4, CDUs: 14
Enrollment Limit: 24
Program Number: 5025-9055
Registration Deadline: Thu., Oct. 20