User Experience for the Web
User experience is the science of how users interact with the products and services, systems and organizations around them. Creating a positive user experience is one of the most important aspects of designing a digital experience.
Understand and apply basic user experience methodologies and tests such as ethnographic research, card sorting, usability testing (in-person and web-based), web analytics, customer satisfaction monitoring, etc., to help design, develop, and manage an omni-channel (web, mobile, and tablet) digital experience. Gain a working knowledge of usability best practices such as ensuring buttons and links appear clickable, creating touch-sized targets for mobile and making typography readable to avoid common usability mistakes.
Who Should Attend
Web designers/developers, marketing professionals, or anyone who is involved in the creation or update of websites and mobile apps.
- Review the basics of user-centered design and the UX development process
- Gain a deeper understanding on how to make a useful, usable, and desirable user experience
- Explore the core research techniques professionals use to gain user insight, and get experience by working on hands-on exercises
- Learn the basics of how to apply these customer insights to help drive the UX development process
- Understand why and when to use different UX research techniques
- Learn how to incorporate different UX data sources to gain a deeper understanding of a user experience