User Centered Design for Web and Mobile – Planning Digital Experiences that Work for Business and Users
Whether you’re working on a new website, a website redesign or mobile app, it’s vital to put your user first. If not, your user’s digital experience is lost in the sea of existing content and online experiences.
Gain a clear understanding of the practical application of user-centered design methodologies. Learn how to prioritize outcomes and structure content in a way that creates the best user experience while still communicating core business messages and branding. Even if you’re not responsible for planning the projects you participate in, understanding these practices leads to more successful content and digital experiences.
Steve Robinson has 15 years of experience in marketing and technology. As an independent digital-first marketing consultant, Steve creates and maintains sustainable and measurable multi-channel marketing programs for a variety of local and national clients. Previously, Steve held leadership positions ... read more
Who Should Attend
Anyone involved in the creation or update of websites and mobile apps
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understand and apply user-centered design (UCD) methodology
- Create user stories and prioritize development/design efforts
- Organize and prioritize web content
- Communicate web/mobile structure using wireframes and interactive models
- Understanding the user-centered mindset
- Understanding user-centered design process
- Developing user stories and prioritizing content
- Site mapping to give structure to your website or app
- Wireframing to communicate structure and hierarchy of content
- Validating your assumptions using analytics
Basic computer skills and use of web and mobile apps
"I liked the exercises we were able to do. They served as great real-world examples. I thought the information was organized in a very digestible manner. Steve is easy to understand as he explains things very well. He makes the environment comfortable so you feel OK asking questions." — Participant, 2016
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.