Transfer of Medical Elastomeric Part Production to a Contract Manufacturer with Full Validation
The medical industry is in transition. Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are transferring more and more product and operation to contract manufacturers. Some of these OEMs and contract manufacturers are struggling with the logistics. Are you prepared? Learn to deal with these transfers and validation standards.
Who Should Attend
- OEM plant managers, operation personnel, supply chain managers
- Manufacturing engineers, product development engineers, R&D engineers, managers
- Transfer engineers
- Quality managers, engineers, validation engineers, validation specialists
- Senior management, decision makers
- Suppliers to the medical industry and to OEMs
- Suppliers entering into the medical industry
- Corporate auditors
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Learn process and procedure for transferring an entire operation to a contract manufacturer
- Discuss your plans and learn how others have successfully transferred medical molding and products
- Receive step-by-step guides through the procedures that meet the evolving standards for the medical industry
- Learn skills to properly execute a transfer
This two and a half day interactive workshop for medical plastics and silicone provides valuable assistance in developing a gap analysis to transfer molding operation to a “world class” contract manufacturer (CM). Learn process and procedure for transferring an entire operation of equipment, products, molds, dies, materials, systems and processes to a CM. Examine how quality, engineering, project management, supply chain management and operations can work together to meet today’s standards for authorizing bodies.
Bring your transfer plans, ideas and questions to this interactive workshop where you can discuss your plans and learn how others have successfully transferred medical molding and products. Spend the last half day of the workshop developing an action plan for your future transfers.
Review a recent successful case study with step-by-step guides through the procedures of transferring operations, product, equipment, tools and processes to meet the evolving standards for the medical industry. With regulations for quality and validations becoming increasingly stringent, it is imperative that companies be armed with the skills to properly execute a transfer.
Dates and locations to be announced.