The Resilient Leader: Strategies to Manage Effectively During Stress, Challenge & Change
Busy professionals live and work with uncommon amounts of stress today, and that stress, coupled with the rapid change and uncertainty companies face, has led to greater levels of burnout and disengagement. Leaders need to be mindful of burnout and its effects in order to maintain high levels of productivity and engagement within their teams and themselves.
Luckily, there are specific skills leaders can learn to help themselves, and those they lead, build resilience to stress and prevent burnout. Five decades of research shows that resilience is a bundle of skills that can be taught, learned and improved. Resilience skills are currently being taught in the military, education, the legal profession and in business. Take the opportunity to learn the basics of burnout and more importantly, how to prevent it using research-based resilience tools.
Who Should Attend
- Training and Development Managers
- Managers and Supervisors
- New or Experienced Trainers
- HR Professionals
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Learn how resilience skills can help leaders better manage their own stress, prevent burnout, and navigate through adversities and change
- Discover the five building blocks of resilience
- Hone research-based skills that you can use immediately to build mental toughness, develop solid relationships, grow engagement, and be a more effective leader both at home and at work
- Leverage your strengths and the strengths of your team
- Implement a model for becoming a more assertive communicator to better navigate tough conversations
- Develop a better understanding of the importance of building strong relationships and responding to other’s good news
8:30am – 12:00pm
- Burnout Discussion
- What is Resilience?
- Model of Resilience
- Resilience Building Strategies Part 1 & 2
12:00pm – 12:30pm
12:30pm – 4:30pm
- Resilience Building Strategies Part 3 & 4
- Putting It All Together
Sessions include a morning and afternoon 15 min. break.
Lunch and snacks are provided each day. Discounted parking is also available for those who park in the adjacent Grand Avenue parking structure.
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Dates and locations to be announced.