The Communication Problem Solver – Tools and Techniques for Leaders
Communication is the process by which projects and relationships are created, maintained, altered and sometimes destroyed. Be more influential – making significant contributions to help people and projects move ahead. Gain the skills to increase your interpersonal effectiveness up, down and across your organization, as well as with customers and suppliers outside the company.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Spot and fix breakdowns in communication
- Talk more effectively about important matters
- Facilitate faster team development and more productive outputs
- Influence culture positively
- How Communication Works (and Doesn’t Work)
- Communication Model
- Words, Tone, Body Language
- Communication Channels
- Foundational Skills
- Asking Questions to Uncover and Develop
- The Role of Assertiveness
- Are We All Alike?
- Communicating About Important and Often Difficult Issues
- The Critical Conversation
- How We React
- Conducting the Critical Conversation – Preparation
- Open the Dialogue
- Explore Their Story
- Tell Your Story
- Reach Agreement
- Making the Most of Group Communications
- The Top Ten Group Communication Mistakes (and How to Avoid Them)
- Critical Conversation Planner
Wed., Mar. 30, 2016
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
Instructor: Dave Merges
$345 if you register by Wed., Mar. 16, 2016.
$395 if you register after Wed., Mar. 16, 2016.
Register on or after Thu., Mar. 17, 2016
|Early Registration Discount||Register by Wed., Mar. 16, 2016 and receive $50 off.|
Register two or more people and receive $50 off of the current price per registration. Use discount code GROUP.
Early registration discounts will subtract automatically from the fee if the registration is submitted prior to the deadline. All other discounts require the code in the left column to be entered on the registration form. Only one discount code can be entered on a registration form.
Enrollment Limit: 30
Program Number: 5050-8673