Technical Writing for Non-Writers
If your job includes writing documentation, proposals, online material and reports, you will benefit from this online class. Learn proven approaches and techniques, and apply them immediately back on the job to achieve successful written communication of technical information. This is a self-paced class with instructor interaction and feedback. You will complete four modules, each with a lesson and an assignment, and you will receive feedback on your assignment before moving on to the next module.
Who Should Attend
Technical staff, engineers, developers, product managers, business analysts, project managers, training designers and content experts
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Know the audience, purpose and content of your writing before you begin
- Apply visual strategies to convey information
- Write with greater clarity and precision
- Simplify complex technical information
- Recognize audience needs
- Use illustrations and tables effectively
- Edit and polish final drafts
Dates and locations to be announced.