Systematic Approach to Increasing Transit Ridership
Public transportation is a product – an important and integral part of our communities – but a product, nonetheless. Unless someone is willing to pay to use that product and does, in fact, pay the fare and get on the bus/van/taxi, there is not much point to providing the service!
Focus your efforts on the most productive ways to get people on your service and to keep them riding once they try it. It is not just about marketing, but about taking a comprehensive step-by-step approach to service design and delivery, and ridership development. It is about finding your “avatar” (your ideal customer), and about building and maintaining relationships.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Learn productive ways to get people on your service and to keep them riding
Systematic Approach to Increasing Transit Ridership is divided into six key topics:
1) Focusing on your strengths
2) Finding your avatar
3) Building a positive image
4) Getting your customers to take the first step
5) Consistently delivering quality services
6) Building and maintaining a relationship with your customer
Online, course available Feb. 29-Mar. 18, 2016
$400 if you register by Mon., Feb. 1, 2016.
$500 if you register after Mon., Feb. 1, 2016.
Enrollment Limit: 40
Program Number: 4890-8866
Registration Deadline: Mon., Feb. 29, 2016