Strategies for Succession Planning
The departure or retirement of an employee is not the time to begin succession planning – be prepared, starting right now. Learn strategic principles of succession planning, models to put in place, creation of templates for knowledge transfer, and key practices in the successful succession planning of your organization’s staff and leadership.
Mary Kurer is the Director of Continuing Education at the University of Wisconsin – Washington County and she is passionate about personal and professional development. She has experience in learning and development, business management and organizational leadership. She has proven ... read more
Who Should Attend
- Training and Development Managers
- Managers and Supervisors
- New or Experienced Trainers
- HR Professionals
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Create templates for knowledge transfer
- Learn key practices in planning
- Implement plans for leadership and the organization
8:30am – 12pm
- Succession Planning and Knowledge Transfer
- Defining Succession Planning
- Thoughts to Consider
- Generational Impacts
- Why the Need
- Succession Planning and Organizational Development
- The Business Case for Succession Planning
- Approaches to Succession Planning
- Four Tips to Succession Planning
- Models for Succession Planning
- Human Resource Supply Forecasting Techniques
- Case Study
12 – 12:30pm
12:30 – 4:30pm
- Defining Knowledge Transfer
- What Is It?
- Why Do We Do It?
- Creating a Knowledge Transfer Program
- Things to Consider
- How Do We Transfer Knowledge?
Sessions include a morning and afternoon 15-minute breaks.
Lunch and snacks are provided each day. Discounted parking is also available for those who park in the adjacent Shops of Grand Avenue parking structure.
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.