Social Work Ethics and Boundaries
Fulfill the state requirement for ethics and boundaries training. Examine boundaries in relationships and discuss the importance of ethics. Explore models used for ethical decision-making.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Avoid common ethical violations and reduce personal liability in the practice of social work by developing a solid understanding of the past
- Understand the Code of Ethics from the National Association of Social Workers
- Apply ethical decision-making models to your future thinking
- Recognize high-risk clients
- Know the difference between personal and professional relationships
- Understand why HIPAA laws have confused clients and practitioners
- Learn how actual past cases were decided, and how the interpretation of appropriate boundaries has changed in recent years
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Fri., Jan. 20, 2017
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
Instructor: Barbara Bartlein RN, LCSW
CEUs: 0.4, CEHs: 4
Enrollment Limit: 140
Program Number: 7740-8416
Note: Combo Discount: When registering for Ethics and Boundaries, and Compassion Fatigue on Jan. 20, 2017 receive a discount of $29 off Program Fee. Discount will be applied when you register for Compassion Fatigue.
Registration Deadline: Fri., Jan. 13, 2017