Social Work Ethics and Boundaries
Fulfill the state requirement for ethics and boundaries training. Examine boundaries in relationships and discuss the importance of ethics. Explore models used for ethical decision-making.
Barbara Bartlein, RN, MSW, CSP, is the People Pro and has taught ethics at UWM for the last 10 years. She provides consultation, training and keynotes across the country and is past-president of the National Speaker’s Association-Wisconsin Chapter. Barbara is ... read more
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Avoid common ethical violations and reduce personal liability in the practice of social work by developing a solid understanding of the past
- Understand the Code of Ethics from the National Association of Social Workers
- Apply ethical decision-making models to your future thinking
- Recognize high-risk clients
- Know the difference between personal and professional relationships
- Understand why HIPAA laws have confused clients and practitioners
- Learn how actual past cases were decided, and how the interpretation of appropriate boundaries has changed in recent years
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Fri., Jan. 20
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
Instructor: Barbara Bartlein RN, LCSW
CEUs: 0.4, CEHs: 4
Enrollment Limit: 140
Program Number: 7740-8416
Note: Combo Discount: When registering for Ethics and Boundaries, and Compassion Fatigue on Jan. 20, 2017, receive a discount of $29 off Program Fee. The discount is applied when you register for Compassion Fatigue.Registration is Closed.