Social Work Ethics and Boundaries Interactive
Fulfill the state requirement for ethics and boundaries training with this instructor-led, interactive online course that can be taken from anywhere: your home, office, even when you travel. You must complete the program during the month in which you register. Assignments are submitted weekly to the instructor. Participate in case discussions and explore examples that were referred to the state in order to prepare yourself for a variety of potential situations and successfully guide your practice through them. This is an interactive course.
Barbara Bartlein, RN, MSW, CSP, is the People Pro and has taught ethics at UWM for the last 10 years. She provides consultation, training and keynotes across the country and is past-president of the National Speaker’s Association-Wisconsin Chapter. Barbara is ... read more
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Avoid common ethical violations and reduce personal liability in the practice of social work
- Understand the Code of Ethics from the National Association of Social Workers
- Apply ethical decision-making models to your future thinking
- Recognize high-risk clients
- Know the difference between personal and professional relationships
- Understand why HIPAA laws have confused clients and practitioners
- Learn how actual past cases were decided, and how the interpretation of appropriate boundaries has changed in recent years
Access to Course Site
You will receive an email approximately one week prior to the start date of the class with instructions on setting up your username and password and how to access the online course site.
This is an instructor-facilitated, online asynchronous course. You are required to have routine access to a computer with Internet (we highly recommend a high speed connection such as DSL or cable modem). You are also required to have a recent version of Microsoft Office Suite or comparable program to include Microsoft Word (word processing), Excel (spreadsheets), and PowerPoint (presentations) in order to both view and create documents needed to participate in this course.
Course materials will be provided in the online course site (D2L).
Each week you will be given readings and assignments to complete. Each week you will be expected to log in and complete assignments within the deadlines given in order to be awarded CEUs and the certificate of completion. However, within the deadline you will be able to complete the readings and assignments at your leisure.
Certificates of Completion will be mailed within two weeks after the last day of class.