Social Media Specialist Certificate
Look to SCE for professional certificates in Social Media that provide the skills and credentials you need to succeed!
The Social Media Specialist Certificate is for individuals responsible for the day-to-day management, monitoring and content development for social media programs. Curriculum is focused on:
- Listening strategies
- Response frameworks
- Community management
- Content production
- Analytics reporting
Worried that you can’t work professional development into your busy schedule? Social Media certificates are offered online so that you can integrate learning into your busy schedule.
The Social Media Specialist Certificate is earned by taking six courses over 12 weeks. See detailed outlines for each course within the certificate by clicking the arrow next to the course title.
Optimize by Lee Odden*
ISBN 13: 978-1-118-16777-9
*The textbook is required for the course and is purchased by participant.
Who Should Attend
Individuals responsible for the day-to-day management, monitoring and content development for social media programs.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Learn how to create listening strategies and response frameworks
- Understand aspects of community management
- Explore the importance of content production, syndication and analytics reporting
Explore data that supports the use and integration of social media into the business environment. Review the changes in the digital landscape and the evolution of social media. Discussions focus on platforms, usage, business impact and case studies for both successful and failed social media programs.
- Understand the impact of social media on the business environment
- Apply social media usage data to business strategy
- Analyze social media’s impact on the business
- Demonstrate the importance that social media has in the business strategy by presenting case studies and business data relevant to your organization
- Highlighting opportunities to leverage social media within your industry
Work through the process of leveraging a social media listening program to help organizations understand online activity. As part of the Specialist track, this course explores response frameworks and how daily monitoring and responding to online activity are critical for the success of a social media program.
- Understanding the importance of an active, daily listening plan to monitor platforms and engage audiences
- Understand purpose and functions of community management
- Understand how social media can be used for brand monitoring, share of voice and audience needs
- Establish keyword tracking framework for daily listening
- Establish a community management work plan
- Create messages for response framework support
Understand the frameworks for successful social media strategies that support business goals. During this Specialist track course, you explore the development of tactics that meet user needs and expectations. Focus on defining the difference between goals, objectives and strategies and how they work together to drive successful outcomes. Draft strategies and tactics are documented and become the core components of the program.
- Understand social media strategies that support business needs
- Explore customer needs related and participation in social media platforms
- Explore support frameworks for social media planning and execution
- Draft social media strategies and tactics to deliver on business goals
- Draft key performance indicators (KPI’s) that support strategies
- Draft business and content production needs to support social media tactics
Part of the Specialist track, this course focuses on the role of content in powering a successful social media program. You work through the production and syndication process and are guided through the creation of a content calendar, daily distribution and tracking.
- Explore the use of content as an audience engagement tool
- Understand the difference between social marketing and social communications
- Understand content production and syndication processes
- Creation and population of a content calendar
- Develop a framework for producing and organizing content
- Development of a content syndication process
This course explores the active measurement of a social media program. The curriculum focuses on the development of focused tracking materials that capture platform performance and reporting needs for a successful measurement program. Explore development of process and documentation to capture KPI’s (key performance indicators) and performance data.
- Explore the role of measurement of social media activities
- Understanding of the tools available to track social media performance within and across platforms
- Defining and capturing KPI’s and performance reports
- Establish consistent platform metrics
- Develop a social media tracking framework
- Create a social media performance report
The capstone course brings all of the elements together into one cohesive presentation. You complete strategy documents, supporting materials and organize the material into a presentation that can be shared with other students and your organization. The end result is a strategic plan that includes integrated tactical elements for a social media program.
- Demonstrate understanding of key program elements
- Learn to organize and present a strategic social media program
- Create a social media strategy overview presentation
- Present your social media strategy and supporting documents
- A social media plan that can be presented to your organization
- Tactical elements with the plan that will allow you to develop a robust social media program within the organization
Dates and locations to be announced.