Sizing and Calibration of Profiles and Troubleshooting the Extrusion Process
Quality Plastics Extrusion requires a detailed understanding of sizing and calibration using a scientific approach. You will learn how to troubleshoot the extrusion process and determine best practices to communicate to the manufacturing floor. You will be able to recommend process setting based upon real world industry case studies.
Daniel Cykana is the Chief Consultant for Extrusion Solutions, LLC, an organization focusing in on Die Design and extrusion processing problems. (www.extrusionprocessing.com) Daniel has dedicated his career to the plastics industry for the past 53 years. 1964-1978 Northland Plastics Inc. ... read more
Who Should Attend
Plastics Engineers, Extruder Technicians, Setup Personnel, Quality Control Personnel, Technical Staff, Operation Mgrs.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- You will learn how to troubleshoot the extrusion process
- You will be able to communicate with the manufacturing floor
- You can gain the ability to recommend settings in the real world.
- Extrusion Complex & Equipment Specifications
- Proper sizing of profiles to maintain shape and definition as it exits the die.
- Material Science & Rheology
- “Root Cause Analysis”
- Use of Statistics in Extrusion
- Temperature Settings & their effect on Extrusion Process
- Case Studies
Dates and locations to be announced.