PDC #2: Child Care Programming (Observation, Assessment & Evaluation)
Discuss and apply techniques and tools for observation, assessment and evaluation of individual children, the curriculum, classrooms and staff in this second course of four in the Program Development Credential series. Systems for planning, goal setting and monitoring will provide continuous information on the quality of the program, teacher and student outcomes.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Observe young children through various methods, and identify developmental and behavioral needs of individual children
- Know the difference between assessment and evaluation, and discover tools to assess and evaluate individual children
- Differentiate between screening and diagnosis
- Establish group and individual goals/outcomes based on observation, assessment and evaluation
- Assess and evaluate the curriculum and the classrooms, followed by goal setting and outcomes, and monitoring the effectiveness of the curriculum and learning environments
- Assess and evaluate the teaching staff, followed by goal setting and outcomes for teachers, and monitoring their progress and professional development
- Develop a system for assessing and evaluating
Recommended: Child Care Program Development course #1
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Dates and locations to be announced.