Paid Media – Reaching Your Target Audience
Across the paid, earned and owned segments of digital media, paid is an important component for almost any digital marketing strategy. This course covers the various types of paid digital media including display advertising, pay-per-click advertising, affiliate marketing, social advertising and native advertising. Learn how to target and optimize your paid media and gain an understanding of the tools needed.
Key deliverables from this course:
- Digital media strategy
- Digital media plan
Whether you are a traditional marketer who needs to understand the differences between digital media buying and traditional, or you are a digital marketer unfamiliar with the paid media landscape, you will gain a clear understanding of the moving parts and the practical applications of paid digital media to support your marketing strategy.
Steve Robinson has 15 years of experience in marketing and technology. As an independent digital-first marketing consultant, Steve creates and maintains sustainable and measurable multi-channel marketing programs for a variety of local and national clients. Previously, Steve held leadership positions ... read more
Who Should Attend
- Digital marketers who want to learn more about applying paid media to support a larger digital marketing strategy
- Traditional marketers or media buyers who need to understand digital media buying and paid promotion
- Social media, web, PR or other marketing specialists who want to broaden their marketing role to include paid media
- Business owners whose marketing strategy includes or may include a paid media component
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the various types of paid digital media and the ideal use cases for each
- Be able to guide the creative process to create advertising that accomplishes your goal as a marketer
- Gain exposure to the tools used to target and set up campaigns as well, have hands-on experience with some of the most popular and accessible tools
- Clearly articulate the role of paid media in a larger digital marketing strategy
- Create a paid media strategy for your organization
- Create a digital media plan for your organization
- Types of advertising: direct response vs. awareness
- Types of media buying: direct, network, affiliate, exchange/marketplace
- Keys to successful creative in digital media
- Pay-per-click advertising strategy, optimization and tools
- Social media advertising strategy
- Understanding native advertising and how it applies to your business
- Real-time Bidding (programmatic) display advertising strategy, optimization and tools
- Negotiating direct buys
- Creating an effective media plan
- Professionals in marketing, design, technology, business management and/or relevant field or two or more years of career experience in the same
- Foundations for Effective Digital Marketing or two or more years in a traditional or digital marketing role
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel
- A solid understanding of marketing concepts
This is a blended class with curriculum presented both online and in the classroom.
Summer 2017: This course meets at UWM SCE for a full day on 6/9 and 6/23 and a half day on 7/7.
Program fee includes morning and afternoon refreshment networking breaks, lunches, instructional material, and discounted parking.